Wednesday, August 20, 2014

YA Wednesday! At the movies with 'If I stay'



 
IF I STAY BY GAYLE FORMAN
 Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.


Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.
I found this book in 2009 tucked away in the YA new release section of my library. It had the old cover then which is cute but looks like a lot of YA reads so it didn't stick out. My father had passed away a few months prior and I was sad and lost and wanted to get lost in books. I was trying to stick to really upbeat cheesy novels to make me laugh but as I stood there reading the inside of the book jacket I knew I had to read it. For me, I had to see if she was able to move on from losing her family. No surprise I cried a lot while reading but I also laughed and fell in love with Mia, her cool parents, her little brother, and Adam. Sweet, sensitive Adam. This book is a diamond in a sea of copper.

I was super excited when I heard they were making a movie out of it. Not that it's surprising since YA is taking over the movies. I was even more excited when I saw the casting. Every single character is perfectly casted.

I mean look at these two!!!!!



If you haven't read 'Where She Went' you have to. It's told from Adam's point of view. It also takes place in the future and will give you the closure you need while making you love, laugh, and cry.

 WHERE SHE WENT BY GAYLE FORMAN
It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.

And three years he's spent wondering why.

When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.

Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?

THE PERFECTLY CASTED ADAM. HAVE YOU HEARD HIM SING.. YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THE SOUNDTRACK. If I Stay Soundtrack

 
 
YA WEDNESDAY GIVEAWAY!




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment