Wednesday, December 10, 2014

YA Wednesday!!!! Sarah Dessen Reread!

 
Sarah Dessen is the Queen of contemporary YA!
 If you have not read any of her books you are really missing out.  Dessen writes wonderfully poignant stories full of well-written characters and her dialogue writing is by far some of the best in all the literary world.

My friend Thomas once wrote Reading Sarah Dessen is like walking into an air-conditioned store after a hot, humid day in the sun.” Thomas was able to capture all the feelings I have for her books with one sentence. 

Dessen has many talents but one of my favourites is her male characters. Eli (Along for the Ride) and Wes (The Truth About Forever) are two of my all time favourite book boyfriends and who I judge all book boyfriends against. At least once a year I find myself picking up my well worn paperbacks of both these novels and settling in for a nostalgic journey. A journey I love to keep coming back to. So for this YA Wednesday I thought I would share these two gems with you all along with a few of my favourite quotes. Sarah Dessen has many other great books as well. As soon as she releases one I grab it up. I love all of her books I just have a special place in my heart for these two. I also really love "How to Deal" with Mandy Moore which is based off two of her novels. Come on early 2000 Mandy Moore. #LOVE

 Whether you are new to the world of Dessen or already a Dessenite hit me up in the comments and let's talk YA.

 
 
A long, hot summer...

That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father.

But sometimes, unexpected things can happen—things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?
AMAZON

Seriously, though go to your library. They are going to have Dessen!



It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.
AMAZON
Again, your library is AWESOME!








 
 
 
 
I hope this starts you on your Dessen journey. You won't regret it. Until Next week!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment